1. Fill a basket with Christmas-themed books. Board books work great for younger children.
2. Place a wooden or plastic Nativity set, with large pieces, within your child’s reach so he can act out the Christmas story.
3. Help your child draw a snowflake design on prefolded paper. You do the cutting and allow your child to unfold his creation. Tape the snowflakes to a window.
4. Set up an activity table with Christmas coloring sheets, crayons and puzzles.
5. Take turns hiding a doll or baby Jesus from your Nativity set, allowing your child to search for the Christ child. Talk about how the shepherds and wise men searched for Jesus.
This article appeared in the December 2012 issue of
Thriving Family magazine. Copyright © 2012 by Sarah Rowe Hostetter.
Used by permission. ThrivingFamily.com.